Pick your method : There are two methods to directly deleting files in Windows.
- Method 1 will show you how to delete files by right clicking on them and selecting Delete, which normally sends files to the Recycle Bin.
- Method 2 allows you to send files to the Recycle Bin, but also allows you to permanently delete them when necessary.
Method 1 : Changing the Right-Click Deletion Option
1. Right click the Recycle Bin and select "Properties".
3. Click the "OK" button.
4. After you have completed this, the actions that will usually send files to the Recycle Bin will permanently delete them.
- You can reverse this by choosing the option "Custom Size" in Recycle Bin Properties. (Untick the option "Do not move the files to the Recycle Bin" in Windows XP.
Method 2 : Deleting Just One File at a Time
1. Right click the file that you want to delete permanently.
2. Hold down the Shift key on your keyboard.
3. While holding the Shift key, click Delete or press the Delete/Del button on you keyboard.
4. Confirm the file deletion and the file will be deleted permanently.